Thursday, January 12, 2023

My Five Top Sources of News and Information

TMZ is one of the most interesting news sources in my opinion. TMZ covers mainly celebrity news and what is going on in pop culture. TMZ is almost always the first news source to reveal news to the public (in relation to pop culture media) and has a very quick team of journalists to create a story to be released that same day new information was discovered. TMZ is the first source where I will hear about a celebrity that is recently pregnant, in a new relationship, or may be part of a jaw-dropping scandal. But, because TMZ is always releasing new information to their audience as quickly as possible, this means they may not have gathered the full information needed to cover the story or some information may not be accurate. But I believe it is always very engaging to read a news story from TMZ, especially if it is covering a celebrity or pop culture topic I am interested in learning more about. 


Fox Entertainment buys celebrity news outlet TMZ - Los Angeles Times

The New York Times is a source that has always seemed reliable in my opinion. I have been able to use many different articles from this news source for numerous assignments in the past. When reading articles from this source, I feel like I am learning something new and the information feels necessary to be aware of. The information from this news source seems more impactful on society rather than the celebrity drama I will also like to pay attention to, as I have previously mentioned. 

When The Times Didn't Print on Sundays - The New York Times

Vogue normally sticks to celebrity news (most commonly female celebrities) as well as fashion and beauty news. While Vogue and TMZ cover celebrity news, I like to look at both sources because I believe they share different kinds of celebrity news. For example, TMZ will always be the first source to unleash celebrity drama, but Vogue will stick to news such as a celebrity's favorite pasta recipe, or what it is truly like to work on the set of a specific movie or television show. Vogue gives the audience the impression they know the celebrities more on a personal level, getting more of the inside scoop of their lives rather than what information is normally gathered by the paparazzi on a daily basis. 

Vogue Logo and symbol, meaning, history, PNG, brand

Cosmopolitan is more directed to a female audience, however, they do not just only publish articles about fashion, makeup, etc. Cosmopolitan will discuss topics women tend to be more interested in such as vacationing, dating apps, astrology, and celebrity news. However, the company still makes sure to tackle more hard-hitting subjects for women, such as reproductive resources, sexuality, political issues, and sexual assault. I enjoy looking at the website because the topics always seem interesting to look into and the website overall can be seen as calm and relaxing, even when discussing heavier topics. While this may not be entirely accurate, the appearance of the website also makes it feel more reliable and trustworthy than some other sources. 

File:Comopolitan Magazine Logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons

INSIDER is a source that covers all different kinds of news, but I am more interested in paying attention to the reviews they publish. INSIDER tends to share their reviews or opinions on certain products, apps, restaurants, vacation places, etc. They will also post snippets of their reviews online which makes the company a lot more accessible to those who may have never heard of the company before. I believe that they share some really entertaining information and I feel like I can always learn something new from this news source, whether I am reading an article, watching a video, etc. 

Insider


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post: My Relationship With Technology

    Personally, I do not feel like my relationship with technology is healthy, but I do feel like it is improving. I will spend hours each d...